Import multiple .watch files simultaneously
This tutorial will explain how to import all your .watch files into your WatchMaker application.
- Take a backup of your BeautifulWatches directory and keep it somewhere safe !
- The script is meant to be launched from windows (should work from linux as well). If you need a perl interpreter to be installed, you can go ahead with this one: http://www.activestate.com/activeperl
- If you can’t access your BeautifulWatches directory from the PC when connected in mass storage, you will have to first copy it to your PC. To do so I recommend to zip it first (using ES Explorer for example) otherwise hidden files might not be copied (including all images...)
- Create in your BeautifulWatches directory a folder called ‘import’ and put inside the .watch files you want to import.
- Download the following script to your BeautifulWatches directory (same level as ‘watches’, ‘images’, ‘export’,…): https://www.dropbox.com/s/5t924wmg8ak17lk/import_all.pl?dl=0
- double-click import_all.pl
The output will look like that:
Checking import folders....
Parsing watch faces definitions in ./import...
Press ENTER to continue
Once done you can copy everything back to your phone (skipping existing files will help a lot ;) )
Please note that :
- it will not work with protected watches
- .watch files are not removed after the import operation
Let’s create the ‘import’ folder inside the BeautifulWatches directory
Put your .watch files inside that folder
Double-click on import_all.pl
If you have a problem, open the command prompt (WIN+R and type cmd). Type "perl -v", it should produce an output like on the following screenshot:
If the version of perl isn't display, you'll have to reinstall it. Now go to your BeautifulWatches directory by typing cd "c:\xxxx\yyyyy\BeautifulWatches", then type import_all.pl and see what happens: